The Truth About Cats and Dogs in Black and White

Truth is just one person's reality. Here is mine in black and white (maybe some shades of gray). This blog has little to do with Cats or Dogs - just humourous sarcastic antics about my life or occasionally, someone else's. You know, intercepting volleyballs with my face, egg dropping, etc. The truth has seen some changes and in fluidity with change expect to see more artistic expressions posting up - so give your two cents worth!

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Irish Russians and Cash Bars


Ok, back to sarcastic funny antics...
Yesterday, St. Pat shone done on us all, Irish and Non flooded Georgestreet. There were green beads, green mad hatters, green beer, and of course my personal Irish favourite...the Irish Russian...ok ok...so I was drinking White Russians - we don't all like Guinness. It was an interesting time with good friends and good strangers. And once again I was hit on by a girl. I mean I'm sure she could be very nice but I'm sorry I just like men and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Why does this happen to me? I also did something highly uncharacteristic of myself and obviously egged on by liquid courage. Curious?

Earlier that afternoon...
My presentation that was pre-empted due to the Olympic gold medal men's curling match was rescheduled for, of all days, St. Paddy's Day. Well, I suppose St. Paddy was shining down on me too, sharing that luck of the Irish with all who needed it. It went quite well. It seemed to improve as the presentation went on, of course that may have been the beer. Yes, yes, they served beer at my lecture. And it was not simply in honour of the good orange, white, and green. They do it for all Friday seminars. And as I stood there talking about ecological integrity, I realised, damn, one of the national members on the EI panel were present. Also, It is very difficult to discuss the historical apsects of national parks with out getting a little political. After brief discussion on national park politics, I later discovered that a childhood friend of Tom McMillan (a former conservative Cabinet Minister that I both revered for creating 5 new parks and mildy condemned for focusing on self-interests in South Moresby Island rather than the completion of the national park system) was in attendance. But all was well and even my toughest critics seemed enthused. Go me!
Comments...

I think that beer should be served at all presentations. Why not really?