The Truth About Cats and Dogs in Black and White

Truth is just one person's reality. Here is mine in black and white (maybe some shades of gray). This blog has little to do with Cats or Dogs - just humourous sarcastic antics about my life or occasionally, someone else's. You know, intercepting volleyballs with my face, egg dropping, etc. The truth has seen some changes and in fluidity with change expect to see more artistic expressions posting up - so give your two cents worth!

Monday, March 06, 2006

Back to Frivolity!


The Oscars are like a dream to the rest of us lowly creatures. But it is nice to see a Canadian come up big. Congratulations to Paul Haggis and his best picture "Crash." But who were the real winners?

For best dressed and displaying unmatched practicallity...Sandra Bullock. She is one of my favourites so this may be slightly biased but the girl has pockets. Come on! How cool is that? She tops my list in this midnight blue gown by Angel Sanchez. She also had goddess hair, a brunette worthier than any blonde.





For best dressed and in Jill's favourite colour... Jennifer Lopez. J.Lo. was draped in vintage green from Rita Watnick at Lily et Cie. I used to want to be J. Lo. I've gotten over it but I do own several coordinating leisure suits. The slick back was made for this girl.






For best dressed and likely that I could someday fit into it... Queen Latifah. This Carmen Marc Valvo gown is a stunning complement to this girl's natural beauty. A strong woman, a positive role model, and unquestionably one of the most beautiful women in the world, an inspiration for those of us trying to keep it real. And damn can she sing.





For best dressed and you probably don't know who she is and closest design to my dream wedding dress (if white)...Catherine Keener. I fell in love with this Monique Lhuillier gown. Imagine a similar dress in white tulle, then tell all your male friends to give me a shout. She acted in Capote and I believe her dress was highly over looked by the E-media.




For worst dressed and most disappointing gown choice... Charlize Theron. Cojo actually tied this one for first place with J.Lo. but for me the huge shoulder bow is a NO GO. I mean this Christian Dior gown is 80's meets bondage. It was a disappointing show for such a pretty girl. Her only saving grace was having divinely upswept tresses and make-up that was applied by the kiss of angels.




For worst dressed and most useful in triage... Naomi Watts. This Givenchy gown should never have been made. Such a natural beauty and she looked as if she got locked in a dark gauze supply cupboard in the emergency room. It was actually the colour of bandaids and reminded me of the bandages used to wrap my grandfather's leg. Better luck next year.

Comments...

Great list! My other best dressed are Michelle Williams and Salma. And I was not a fan of Helena Bonham Carter's look.

And Crash was the surprise of the evening! Even Jack looked surprised.