The Truth About Cats and Dogs in Black and White

Truth is just one person's reality. Here is mine in black and white (maybe some shades of gray). This blog has little to do with Cats or Dogs - just humourous sarcastic antics about my life or occasionally, someone else's. You know, intercepting volleyballs with my face, egg dropping, etc. The truth has seen some changes and in fluidity with change expect to see more artistic expressions posting up - so give your two cents worth!

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Clean Bill of Dental Health

So, I went to the dentist today. I was expecting a bad report. You see, I get up and sit at a computer, travelling the route via the coffee machine. So... sometimes... the morning brushing gets postphoned. Except, when I remember, I figure - well I'm just going to have another cup of coffee - so why bother. Next thing I am in bed and realise damn, I didn't brush my teeth. Well, this sounds all well and gross, but then I brush extra long.

So, Mr. dentist cleaned em up and shipped me out with a clean bill of dental health. And my apparent receding gums are not that bad according to him, although he liked that I switched to sensitive toothpaste. Now here is the part I did not know. Since when did they decide "figure eight" brushing was the way to go. No up and down, that's nothing new but no side to side either. This means I am going to have to concentrate while brushing and remember to switch direction.

Yet another discovery was made as well. When people ask if I have my wisdom teeth I reply that I have no clue, never noticed. So today, like a dental moron, I asked. I do have one wisdom tooth with no sign of the others. A more highly evolved creature than most it seems. Although are we surprised? So, the moral of the story is... although my inadequate brushing schedule did not lead to any dental disaster, it obviously hasn't helped my social life either, that is of course should I actually leave my house/thesis long enough to actually need to make a good first impression.
Comments...

Dental disasters, like wisdom teeth, are bad news. And yay that you don't have 4 of the awful wisdom teeth. Another one of my friends also never had wisdom teeth. Maybe you're both secretly mutants? Do you have a colourful costume I don't know about? I mean first the hair and now this?