The Truth About Cats and Dogs in Black and White

Truth is just one person's reality. Here is mine in black and white (maybe some shades of gray). This blog has little to do with Cats or Dogs - just humourous sarcastic antics about my life or occasionally, someone else's. You know, intercepting volleyballs with my face, egg dropping, etc. The truth has seen some changes and in fluidity with change expect to see more artistic expressions posting up - so give your two cents worth!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Your vote counts! (maybe)


Ok boys and girls. I am having a referendum of sorts. Well I am just plain indecisive and am really looking to justify working in my home office and avoiding the winter blues.

Question: Should Jilly move to her home office to finish her thesis work (versus working in a shared office of 10 at the University)?

Pros
  • I can wear sweat pants ALL the time, hell I can stay in my pj's if I want.
  • I do need to focus while writing (stop laughing at me all those former opps girls) - thesis writing is quite a bit different from writing musicals.
  • Save money on coffee - 1.65$ a day at least!
  • Save gas and spontaneous lunch spending, important as I still have 4 months to go without salary.
  • No DSL line to my work computer. Would have to go upstairs to play with high speed toys (that sounds really wrong).
  • Not affected by room of grad students, the majority of which are not in thesis writing stage.
  • More likely to want to get out of the house and haul my ass to gym in evening or morning.
  • No traffic! God I hate traffic.
  • Ergonomic leather chair with lumbar support.
Cons
  • 6 letters. H E R M I T.
  • Maybe distracted by other things....free food, tv, bed...
  • Not as close to faculty...strike from record.
  • My home office is already quite cluttered.
  • Hygiene could become questionable.

Add your pros and cons in the comments below along with you vote. YES or NO.


Comments...

If you would actually write, then I say yes. Money saving always speaks to me.