The Truth About Cats and Dogs in Black and White

Truth is just one person's reality. Here is mine in black and white (maybe some shades of gray). This blog has little to do with Cats or Dogs - just humourous sarcastic antics about my life or occasionally, someone else's. You know, intercepting volleyballs with my face, egg dropping, etc. The truth has seen some changes and in fluidity with change expect to see more artistic expressions posting up - so give your two cents worth!

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Religious highway, more like surburban side street


I had today's post handed to me at the door this morning. My invitation to their Kingdom. This isn't going to be some South Park satirism. That is another story - people who can not appreciate the art of satire - the fable of the 21st Century. I believe in compassion, it is the axiom of all world religions. This is why I am polite and sometimes too tolerant of tele-sales and door-to-door religious marketing. So I listen, as it is important to understand people before judging them. Then I play the "ok, that is your interpretation, now here is what my spiritual guide says." The door-to-door religious meeting should be a give-take relationship, although it is my personal belief that this type of religious solicitation is not morally sound.

She was a lovely lady, very polite, and didn't say anything crazy or bless me and when I told her that my spiritual beliefs fall elsewhere and outside the realm of traditional Christianity she didn't even flinch or condemn me to hell (ok a little sarcasm). Obviously surprised by the absence of the door in her face I explained that I do find religion fascinating (mostly the impact of religious and spiritual influence on one's relationship with nature) and noted that nothing that she had professed, in fact, conflicts with my "scripture." Different authors and publication dates. And this is my point really. People are fundamentally the same. Religion is fundamentally the same. Belief in whatever form - an omnipresece or science, fulfills a role in our spiritual fullfilment our raison d'etre. I can't name one religion that does not vehemently teach compassion or revere the cause of peace. So what is the world missing? Tolerance. Understanding. While other people choose to congregate, I choose to meditate in solitude and as often as possible in natural surroundings. I found my own path and won't be biting the hook of any religious fisherman but if their boat was sinking I would help them to land.
Comments...

I think that more people should be understanding of other people's faith or spirituality. I also think they are fundamentally the same and people just express it in different ways.