The Truth About Cats and Dogs in Black and White

Truth is just one person's reality. Here is mine in black and white (maybe some shades of gray). This blog has little to do with Cats or Dogs - just humourous sarcastic antics about my life or occasionally, someone else's. You know, intercepting volleyballs with my face, egg dropping, etc. The truth has seen some changes and in fluidity with change expect to see more artistic expressions posting up - so give your two cents worth!

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Next stop...hopelessly disheartening

I know that I have been less than dedicated to my blogging as of late. And I regret to inform you that my thesis is still not completed but progress is being made but has been halted, not of my own doing but of the entire geography department deciding to take time off damn smack in the middle of thesis submission time. Am I stressed? Not in the least. Well not about that anyway.

I do need a job... in fact, the current "need a job" scale has hit "desperately depressing" definately past the happy shamrock green safe area, obviously past the oblivious, cautious, everything will be just fine cadmium yellow, and definitively in that loud sirens going off, people running in every direction, blood red area. Next stop... "hopelessly disheartening".

In other news...in case you missed a previous newsflash, I (and I quote) "used to be sexy but now looks like a butch lesbian" (No offense intended). This was merely what was said of me, clearly unaware that standing one peron away from me at the bar does indeed constitute "within earshot." I should now state that I am only 93% certain that it was said, as who in their right mind would say that about someone standing less than a foot away? At this point I think it is important to say, "Scott, you're an ass." So... obviously I can do something about my ass but I least I will never be one.

Now, how should one react? Well given my time back definately not how I did. I did nothing as I was stunned, shocked, and actually thought I may be going deaf. And it gets more disappointing, while he was, once upon a time, one of the worst dates I have ever had, he is such a talented musician, covers the indie music I listen to and one of my favourite local live acoustic performers. Sucks eh? Oh so the update part...I re-instated my gym membership today. And I acquired the services of a long-time friend and kick-ass personal trainer.
Comments...

Everything you don't like right now can be changed. You can get a job, finish the thesis and lose weight. But he will always be a complete ass. A talented ass but an ass nonetheless.