The Truth About Cats and Dogs in Black and White

Truth is just one person's reality. Here is mine in black and white (maybe some shades of gray). This blog has little to do with Cats or Dogs - just humourous sarcastic antics about my life or occasionally, someone else's. You know, intercepting volleyballs with my face, egg dropping, etc. The truth has seen some changes and in fluidity with change expect to see more artistic expressions posting up - so give your two cents worth!

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Getting my two cents worth!

I had a brilliant idea. Ok, its not brilliant at all. But someone has been heckling me regarding not being paid for blogging (or by anyone else at the moment). So I am going to pay myself. If you have noticed my comments now say "# cents worth" (original idea believe it or not). So now have a "cents worth" jar. First I thought I would pay a dollar per comment, then remembered that I am a student. Plus - the car payments, student loans, insurance and "real bills" can not be affected by this new money saving scheme (notice I did not say money making). One cent was also an obvious choice but it would take like a year of commenting to buy a candy bar (not that I need said candy bar). So, I do like the metric system - dimes would work, easy to count comments but still not a big savings investment.

So I had previously decided on quarters. Quarters add up. But I am actually back to looneys, damn metric. Looneys are good and I can have a looney jar, which just sounds funny. But going with the looneys means potential savings and what do I do with it? Moving coins from one account to a jar? So this is my plan. I recently began retirement planning (another post alltogether), just one payment into a self directed RRSP. I do need to establish a monthly contribution plan. So to all those people who now say blogging is a waste of my time - it is now a means to save for my monthly RRSP contribution. This new transfer of fund program begins with posts dated March, 25, 2006 (ie the previous one) with deposits into my self-directed RRSP the last of the month, beginning April 30.
Comments...

I also have a loonie bank. Someone gave it to me for Christmas years ago. It's shaped like a loonie.

There's a dollar in the jar.