The Truth About Cats and Dogs in Black and White

Truth is just one person's reality. Here is mine in black and white (maybe some shades of gray). This blog has little to do with Cats or Dogs - just humourous sarcastic antics about my life or occasionally, someone else's. You know, intercepting volleyballs with my face, egg dropping, etc. The truth has seen some changes and in fluidity with change expect to see more artistic expressions posting up - so give your two cents worth!

Friday, January 20, 2006

Confessions of a Yo Yo


I had to rename this one. I'm really not that self-loathing. Ok, Here we go. Public accountability, that's what it all about right? That what Harper says after all. Well, this will be the first and only time I listen to him. I have been on a weight roller coast since high school, I have alluded to it before. The scales, horrific invention, I usually don't pay them much attention. But it has little to do with a number than a sense of good health.

General History: Played 3 varsity sports in high school - weight in 1994 = 155. Freshman year, major fat-free dieting, dancing at clubs, weight training (95) lost 10. Next three years in steady relationship (steady, never said healthy) bodybuilding, supplement taking (98) - gain 40. Break up (99) - lost 30. Steady recovery, second degree, frequent clubbing, swimming, pilates (00) - gain 40. New job, pilates, outdoor activity, volleyball, general happiness (01) lost 30. Reasonably platformed. Began master's program, working full-time, full-time student, stress(03) gain 20. New friend in BC, general unhappiness, continued academic and career stress and uncertainty, atkins, 3 hour-6 day a week workouts (04) lost 35. Family moved away, winter in middle of nowhere, snowshoeing, continuation of work and school stress, lonely (05) gain 35. Did you do your math? I know Laurie did (she likes math). 195. Thank god I am a tall and have great hair, HA!

I should mention that my scales are off 5. So that prompts the public confession - crisis situation. Ask me to explain the statistical concepts of reliability and validity sometime. So what will it be this year? My ass can't take much more abuse. And my pants, well my pants can't take much more ass. The outlook is mixed. Drinking and clubbing may be on the rise. School work is progressing and SHOULD be eliminated from the mix this year. Job prospects - if-y at best. Volleyball - dismal but improving. Gym membership is on my list of "resolutions" not fully realised. With any luck I will either move out of province or out of city to secure a promising, meaningul (well-paying career). I think I need help.

Comments...

You may think you need an intervention but I think you'll do alright.

And I can admit my highest weight...217 last Feb. Weighed on the same scale 10 months later and I was 179. I think that once you're happy, the rest falls into place.