The Truth About Cats and Dogs in Black and White

Truth is just one person's reality. Here is mine in black and white (maybe some shades of gray). This blog has little to do with Cats or Dogs - just humourous sarcastic antics about my life or occasionally, someone else's. You know, intercepting volleyballs with my face, egg dropping, etc. The truth has seen some changes and in fluidity with change expect to see more artistic expressions posting up - so give your two cents worth!

Sunday, January 22, 2006

I think I can I think I can I think I can



I feel as though I should retort with something a little more uplifting than the previous post. I am no stranger to the power of positive thinking. And in fact somedays I actually feel like a giant coal-burning train climbing a mountain. That is not to say that I can't climb mountains. I have indeed and incredulously, climbed mountains.

This is me. In my mountain pose on top of Piatra Craiulii, in Piatra Craiulii National Park near Pestera, Romania, an area well known for its spectacular karst topography including fabulous limestone ridges and breathtaking cave formations. I succeeded in the 2236 m climb accompanied by a simple little butterfly, a Eurasian Ringlet or a North American Alpine with velvet brown wings edged with an orange frill. Ok, ok, so its only half the height of Kilimanjaro, but a far more vertical climb. It is however, 3 times the highest point in Newfoundland and the my second highest climb at 806 m. All in all, still proof that one can acheive great heights should one set his or her mind to it. A terrible pun indeed.

Comments...

You can tell that you were really in your living room dressed that way and then photoshopped yourself into the scene!

Nice try though.