The Truth About Cats and Dogs in Black and White

Truth is just one person's reality. Here is mine in black and white (maybe some shades of gray). This blog has little to do with Cats or Dogs - just humourous sarcastic antics about my life or occasionally, someone else's. You know, intercepting volleyballs with my face, egg dropping, etc. The truth has seen some changes and in fluidity with change expect to see more artistic expressions posting up - so give your two cents worth!

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Take the Dragon by the Horns!


I fear I have lost my touch. For the sake of posting I have resorted to some sad cut and paste rantings about my fire-breathing tendencies. I promise this one is a ranting of a different sort. I am, however, (breathe-deeply) returning to the astrological theme. I was curious as to what might happen when east meets west. In the eastern zodiac, I am basically restricted to looking for rats and monkeys, completely stirring up my avoidance of "the western rat," luckily I am still strongly advised to stay clear of dogs. More man-hater nonsense, I know, it just seems they all (they being men, men being boys) have rat and dog like traits, which subsequently are decontructed by this new eastern insight. I also avoid snakes...just because I have a serious problem with legless fauna. So Chinese Astrology affords me 4 realistic soul mates, the turning-22 wood rat, the turning-26 metal monkey, the turning-34 water rat or the turning-38 earth monkey. But what about good ol' Taurus? So I found this site, in my endless procrastination called double sign.

www.doublesign.com

The Dragon/Taurus isn't out to win any popularity contests, which is for the best since you are out to win just about everything else. The placid Bull is energized by the zest of the Dragon into putting his work ethic into full-steam-ahead mode. This means twice as much, twice as fast -- but watch you don't burn out the motor overnight!
You play your heart's cards close to your vest, but inside you're a seething ocean of unrequited love. If you could ever manage to make satisfying personal contact with a like-minded individual you'd fall hook, line and sinker, but given your busy schedule, chances are you won't have the opportunity to find out what unadulterated passion tastes like, unless you pencil it into your personal planner ahead of time.

This is almost "pee in my pants" funny. Almost. It is cosmically perfect. You see, I am that competitative and I certainly do like to win. Now I am going through a bit of a slow spurt at the moment, besides the free-flowing procrastination but generally (hopefully soon) there is an exact moment when all systems are go. All nighters are common. I am indeed a seething ocean of unrequited love, infact I could not have put it better. If only you knew about every Tom, Dick, and Harry who has broken my heart...hmmm...I actually knew a Tom, Dick, and Harry once upon a time in a social circle long, long ago. It was utterly destroyed by unrequited love, well not quite love, work with me here. I am of course a bit of a catch so I suppose there is hope for me to fall hook, line, and sinker (so dry I need water). I do invest most of my time and energy in my work and education and have trouble recalling what is meant by unadulterated passion. If you have read my "to do" list for February you will not be surpirsed that social commitments are actually pencilled into to my personal planner. BULLSEYE.

Just one more tidbit of information. When meshing your eastern and western zodiacs you must account for both preferences, adding yet another search criteria. The new personal add now reads:

Taurean Fire Dragon searching for its cosmic mate. Must be a wood rat, earth monkey, water rat, or metal monkey. If you are not a Virgo or a Capricorn do not apply as other matches will surely fail and be ultimately unpleasurable. Preference will be given to those easy on the eyes and intelligent.