The Truth About Cats and Dogs in Black and White

Truth is just one person's reality. Here is mine in black and white (maybe some shades of gray). This blog has little to do with Cats or Dogs - just humourous sarcastic antics about my life or occasionally, someone else's. You know, intercepting volleyballs with my face, egg dropping, etc. The truth has seen some changes and in fluidity with change expect to see more artistic expressions posting up - so give your two cents worth!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The things I love - Episode 3


Number 7. My Computer. Well computers really. I mean how could I write all my A+ papers or run all those complicated statistical analyses? How could I do my taxes on time or remember phone numbers and addresses? (you see this deteriorating already) How could I check my my blog, nation's tax rate, the Olympic highlights, e-mail, or how many people I'm connected to on Hi5? And let's not forget flash games and great buys on ebay? Computer, I love you.


Number 8. Lost and Grey's Anatomy. It has been quite a while since a TV program has won my heart. Since "Friends" I have been in TV hell, one flop after another. This year 2 have broken my heartache. Nicely spaced through my week, Lost and Grey's Anatomy keep me entertained. Lost, as the title suggests, keeps my mind wandering, while Grey keeps me laughing... except for the whole pink dust thing. TV, I love you again.


Number 9. Music. The world would be a sad place without the beauty of music. This is my prize possession, the leftie ovation guitar. I like the rounded back as it fits like a glove and it is very lightweight. Its acoustic sound isn't quite that of my seagull but plugged in it has breathtaking sound. I sing mostly though, not extremely confident in my strumming. Music is an integral part of Newfoundland culture and it's hard to come by someone who doesn't play something or 5 somethings. I'm a music generalist, craving everything from jazz to indie alternative. Music, I love you.

Number 10. Buddha. The reincarnation of Sidharta Gautama, remains isomorphic with compassion, peace, and tolerance. Here he is seen sitting in meditation atop the lotus flower, a symbol of perfection, purity, and peace. Like a growing number of westeners, I am finding my own spiritual path and embracing the diversity that makes our world such a compassionate, colourful place. As many, I have an interest in many eastern-inspired ideas and tangibles. Om mani padme hum. Buddha, I love you.

Only 4 more to go...this is harder than you think!
Comments...

You'll get all 14. Keep plugging away on that keyboard, drinking your coffee and playing your guitar while looking at pictures of loving ones and you'll get 4 more!