The Truth About Cats and Dogs in Black and White

Truth is just one person's reality. Here is mine in black and white (maybe some shades of gray). This blog has little to do with Cats or Dogs - just humourous sarcastic antics about my life or occasionally, someone else's. You know, intercepting volleyballs with my face, egg dropping, etc. The truth has seen some changes and in fluidity with change expect to see more artistic expressions posting up - so give your two cents worth!

Friday, February 17, 2006

The things I love - The final episode


Number 11. Newfoundland. A unique ensemble of culture, rhetoric, & unrivaled, rugged, natural beauty. Newfoundland is the most eastern province of Newfoundland and often the muse for Canadian humour. Visitors rant about the warm nature of our people and the beauty of our landscape. According to this, pre-GIS map, I live somewhere around the "I" in Library. Our island is not what you would call tropical but we don't live in Igloos either, just in case you are one of "those." We are known for our unique biogeography, geological features, consumption of rum and various other alcohols, folk music, oddball politicians (who doesn't) & now curlers! Home. I love you!

Number 12. Art. Art in all it guises is the purest form of expression. The lotus, again, a symbol of purity and perfection is an acrylic on canvas, the first of my dabblings with this media. Of course, most frequently you can spot me with my SLR digital camera. And once upon a time I was a dancer, ballet-I know had to believe. Art, I love you.

Number 13. Friends. I am lucky for the truly beautiful people in my life. Friends, old & new, make life grand. They make shoulders to cry on, partners in crime, travelling companions, roomates, rocks. I have neglected them a little lately but with good reason. My career and stupid thesis keep me from spending as much time with them as I would like but that they are thought of often and with much love. Friends, I love you.

Number 14. The Great Outdoors. The muse for my existence. I work & live; breathe for nature. It is who I am & it is as much a part of me as I am of it. The campfire. Perhaps not the most natural of outdoor images but fire is as much a part of nature as the air, wind, & water; marshmallows as much of the outdoor experience as my canoe, snowshoes, or hiking boots. Mother Earth, I love you.

A select few loves barely escaped the list but belong on it. A certain 3-letter word comes to mind. But come on now lads I'm trying to keep this g-rated. Yet another 3-letter word somewhat necessary for the first, however, was eliminated due to the current swing towards the hate spectrum of the love-hate relationship. Ha! It's like a riddle. I hate riddles.

Honourable mentions: I love cacao and honey dijon kettle chips. I love sport. I love Jude Law. I love Canada. I love accessories. I love organising things and labels. I love Barbie. I love scrapbooking. I love cosmopolitans. I love boats and hamocks. I love dancing. I love sunshine and beaches.
Comments...

Cacao got an honourary mention! You're obviously blocking the taste. Good choices. I should have thought about Newfoundland...it is something I love as well. Good list.